Our customers, our partners, and our team are our priority. As updates become available, we will share them with you here.
Amsted is proud to have been named Ontario's Renovator of the Year twice, and Ottawa's Renovator of the Year a record-breaking 7 times.
It’s a combination of people and process we call the Amsted Advantage. Award-winning design-build expertise, in-house team of professionals, proven process and personalized service—applied to every project.
Working together with you through our unique design-build approach, we ensure your project is completed to the highest of standards and that your space is beautifully transformed.
For 30 years, when our clients talk, we listen – carefully. We also consider everything that makes you and your family unique, and personalize your home every step of the way.
Renovations & Custom Homes in Ottawa, ON
What We Do
Amsted is your one-stop choice for all of your home improvement needs. Whether you are looking to renovate a single room, your whole home, or you’re starting from scratch to build a custom home, our experienced team will work with you through all aspects of design and construction to personalize your space. And if your home just requires a little care without the design work, we can do that too!
The Amsted Advantage
Our award-winning team of in-house designers, carpenters and project managers have more than 600 years of combined experience, who focus on communication so that we can deliver a home this is unmistakably yours. We consider your existing decor and architecture to create additions and renovations that will complement the home and your personal style. For your total peace of mind, we back this up with a five-year, industry-leading warranty. For three decades, this has been the Amsted Advantage.
You have questions; we have answers. Contact us today and book a consultation. Let us help you bring your vision to life!
- The design-build approach allows for greater control over all aspects of a project – from concept to completion – creating a worry-free environment through better communication.
- Amsted has been named Ontario Renovator of the Year twice and Ottawa Renovator of the Year a record-breaking seven times. Theses award, which represents the highest achievement in the industry, recognize Amsted’s unique combination of design innovation, quality craftsmanship and superior client service.
- Award-winning homes require award-winning people. Our full-time, in-house team is comprised of the most highly-skilled designers, carpenters and project managers in the business.
- Every member of our team shares a commitment to customer satisfaction, design creativity and uncompromising workmanship, ensuring that your project is completed to the highest standards – both yours and ours.
- Our design-build process highlights communication at every stage. This dialogue is key to our success. For the past 30 years, when our clients talk, we listen – carefully.
- From pre-conception to completion, and beyond with our five-year warranty, our integrated team is always available, always anticipating your needs, and always supplying the services and solutions you require.
- At Amsted, we understand that your home is much more than a ‘project’; it’s an investment – of time, creativity, emotion, energy and money. That’s why we personalize your home every step of the way, considering everything that makes you and your family unique.
- We also take into account the architecture and personality of your existing home and the surrounding neighbourhood, uncovering the synergies that will lend themselves to creating your personal space.
We hired Amsted to do a major main floor reno of the kitchen, dining room and living room. We were very pleased with the results – they kept on schedule and on budget and the end result was exactly what we had hoped for. We did a bathroom reno previously with another company that didn’t go so smoothly – Amsted has restored our faith in the renovation business! I would definitely recommend Amsted to anyone looking to do a home reno. […]
- John and Shelley
Recent News + Videos
January 15, 2021
In September, Amsted President, Steve Barkhouse, joined Leanne Cusack on CTV News at Noon to share the on-site protocols being observed during Covid-19. Our construction team is well equipped with safety measures designed to keep homeowners, staff and tradespeople safe. [...]
December 22, 2020
AMSTED DESIGN-BUILD is in search of an EXPERIENCED PROJECT MANAGER. We require an experienced Project Manager (minimum 5 years’ experience or a business owner) to work with our clients and organize the construction process of their project. You must have excellent listening and communication skills, proven residential construction management abil [...]
November 13, 2020
Hear what satisfied clients are saying about the Amsted Advantage.