Amsted has been awarded Renovator of the Year by the Greater Ottawa Home Builders’ Association five times since 2008 – an unprecedented record.
It’s a combination of people and process we call the Amsted Advantage. Award-winning design-build expertise, in-house team of professionals, proven process and personalized service—applied to every project.
Working together with you through our unique design-build approach, we ensure your project is completed to the highest of standards and that your space is beautifully transformed.
For more than 25 years, when our clients talk, we listen – carefully. We also consider everything that makes you and your family unique, and personalize your home every step of the way.
Trust the Amsted team to create a home that’s unmistakably yours.
What We Do
Whether it’s a custom home, a full-scale renovation or addition, or just some general repairs and maintenance to keep your home looking beautiful, the Amsted team works closely with you to create inspiring, comfortable, functional spaces—and a home that is unmistakably yours.
The Amsted Advantage
Peace of mind, guaranteed. Imagine a well-planned and well-managed custom home build or renovation – innovatively designed exactly to your requirements, expertly constructed to your specifications, and efficiently and cost-effectively delivered to your complete satisfaction. That, and so much more, is exactly what you get through the Amsted Advantage. See what our satisfied clients are saying about their experience with Amsted!
- The design-build approach allows for greater control over all aspects of a project – from concept to completion – creating a worry-free environment through better communication.
- Amsted has been awarded Renovator of the Year by the Greater Ottawa Home Builders’ Association five times since its inception in 2006. The award, which represents the highest achievement in the local industry, recognizes Amsted’s unique combination of design innovation, quality craftsmanship and superior client service.
- Award-winning designs require award-winning people. Our full-time, in-house team is comprised of the most highly skilled designers and builders in the business.
- Every member of our team shares a commitment to customer satisfaction, design creativity and uncompromising workmanship, ensuring that your project is completed to the highest standards – both yours and ours.
- Our design-build process highlights communication at every stage. This dialogue is key to our success. For more than 25 years, when our clients talk, we listen – carefully.
- From pre-conception to completion, and throughout our five-year warranty, our integrated team is always available, always anticipating your needs, and always supplying the services and solutions you require.
- At Amsted, we understand that your home is much more than a ‘project’; it’s an investment – of time, creativity, emotion, energy and money. That’s why we personalize your home every step of the way, considering everything that makes you and your family unique.
- We also take into account the architecture and personality of your existing home and the surrounding neighbourhood, uncovering the synergies that will lend themselves to creating your personal space.
We chose Amsted because of the complete package that they offered of design, construction supervision, and actual construction. We are thrilled with the results of the renovation. […]
- Mindy and Bruce
Recent News + Videos
May 19, 2015
Amsted Design-Build is thrilled to announce that for the fifth consecutive year, we have been awarded the Guildmaster Award with Highest Distinction for exceptional customer service. Over the past few months, GuildQuality reviewed numerous survey responses submitted by customers of Guildmaster candidates. In granting awards, two primary metrics ar [...]
May 4, 2015
“Everything Home, Design and Renovation.” Metroland Media recently released their Spring 2015 Floor to Ceiling feature. As the name suggests, in this home supplement you will find advice and information on all of the latest home trends. In this feature, Amsted Co-Owner, Steve Barkhouse, was interviewed to discuss all things reno. Read [...]
May 13, 2015
Hear what satisfied clients are saying about the Amsted Advantage.