Amsted is the only company to be named both Ottawa and Ontario Renovator of the Year, as awarded by the provincial and local Home Builders’ Associations.
It’s a combination of people and process we call the Amsted Advantage. Award-winning design-build expertise, in-house team of professionals, proven process and personalized service—applied to every project.
Working together with you through our unique design-build approach, we ensure your project is completed to the highest of standards and that your space is beautifully transformed.
For more than 25 years, when our clients talk, we listen – carefully. We also consider everything that makes you and your family unique, and personalize your home every step of the way.
Trust the Amsted team to create a home that’s unmistakably yours.
What We Do
Whether it’s a custom home, a full-scale renovation or addition, or just some general repairs and maintenance to keep your home looking beautiful, the Amsted team works closely with you to create inspiring, comfortable, functional spaces—and a home that is unmistakably yours.
The Amsted Advantage
Peace of mind, guaranteed. Imagine a well-planned and well-managed custom home build or renovation – innovatively designed exactly to your requirements, expertly constructed to your specifications, and efficiently and cost-effectively delivered to your complete satisfaction. That, and so much more, is exactly what you get through the Amsted Advantage. See what our satisfied clients are saying about their experience with Amsted!
- The design-build approach allows for greater control over all aspects of a project – from concept to completion – creating a worry-free environment through better communication.
- Amsted has been named 2015 Renovator of the Year by the Ontario Home Builders’ Association and the Greater Ottawa Home Builders’ Association. The award, which represents the highest achievement in the local and provincial industries, recognizes Amsted’s unique combination of design innovation, quality craftsmanship and superior client service.
- Award-winning designs require award-winning people. Our full-time, in-house team is comprised of the most highly skilled designers and builders in the business.
- Every member of our team shares a commitment to customer satisfaction, design creativity and uncompromising workmanship, ensuring that your project is completed to the highest standards – both yours and ours.
- Our design-build process highlights communication at every stage. This dialogue is key to our success. For more than 25 years, when our clients talk, we listen – carefully.
- From pre-conception to completion, and throughout our five-year warranty, our integrated team is always available, always anticipating your needs, and always supplying the services and solutions you require.
- At Amsted, we understand that your home is much more than a ‘project’; it’s an investment – of time, creativity, emotion, energy and money. That’s why we personalize your home every step of the way, considering everything that makes you and your family unique.
- We also take into account the architecture and personality of your existing home and the surrounding neighbourhood, uncovering the synergies that will lend themselves to creating your personal space.
We chose Amsted because of the complete package that they offered of design, construction supervision, and actual construction. We are thrilled with the results of the renovation. […]
- Mindy and Bruce
Recent News + Videos
August 16, 2016
We are very proud to announce that Amsted has been nominated as a finalist in this year’s provincial and local awards! [...]
August 1, 2016
With 25 years of experience, Amsted President Steve Barkhouse is well-known for creating successful renovation projects. Have a look through our website to find photos and testimonials of clients who have created their unmistakable home. Now it’s your turn! We’re back after the summer with our popular seminar series, where you can gain [...]
June 13, 2016
Hear what satisfied clients are saying about the Amsted Advantage.