January 6, 2020
If you’re thinking of renovating, there are two reasons you need to come see us at this month’s Ottawa Home and Remodelling Show. First, our team will be at booth #1220, so you can stop by and ask all of your questions. And second, Amsted Architectural Designer Greg Simpson is presenting on the main stage, where he will share today’s renovation trends and how to apply them to your home!
The Ottawa Home and Remodelling Show runs from Thursday, January 23rd to Sunday, January 26th. Greg’s presentation will take place at two separate times to make sure you all get a chance to check it out:
- Thursday, January 23rd from 5 to 6 p.m.
- Friday, January 24th from 3 to 4 p.m.
He will be focusing on three elements: structure, design, and finishes, and the trends related to these categories. He’ll also review different trends through history, such as the use of asbestos, to give you an idea of the types of concerns you might want to be aware of depending on the age of your home.
What you’ll learn:
- Greg will touch on how you can define your renovation dream and bring the pre-design stage into focus by determining: why you want to renovate, what the scope of the project should be, and your budget threshold.
- He’ll explore how the ages and features of typical homes in Ottawa—from the pre-1930s homes of the downtown core through to the homes of today—impact the elements of structure, design, and finishes.
- He’ll explore today’s trends, including popular counter and cabinet styles, what living spaces are trending up, and the features that are trending down.
- Finally, he’ll share advice on the different types of professionals you need based on the project you have in mind,
For more details on Greg’s talk, check out the event listing on our Facebook page.
Get more details on the Ottawa Home and Remodelling Show at ottawahomeandremodellingshow.com.