September 24, 2018
Join Our Team! Amsted Design-Build is on the look-out for an experienced Lead Carpenter.
AMSTED DESIGN-BUILD is in search of an EXPERIENCED LEAD CARPENTER (minimum 5 years experience)
A remodelled heritage barn in Stittsville serves as Amsted’s headquarters. This is the creative hub of the company, where spread out over 3 floors, our management, design and construction teams bring award-winning ideas and concepts to life! We also have two satellite offices, one located in McKellar Park and the other in New Edinburgh.
As a Lead Carpenter, you will actively participate in the success of high-end residential custom construction projects. The Lead Carpenter is responsible for performing any labour i.e. demolition, carpentry, footings, framing, trim, clean-up, and any other labour necessary to successfully complete the project as directed by the Project Manager. Successful performance in keeping with our core values will ensure we achieve our Vision and Mission and provide all of our customers with the Amsted Advantage.
Skills and tools you will need to be successful in this position:
• Maintain a positive attitude at all times
• Review and sign off on Employee time sheets daily
• Host safety and production goals meeting every Monday morning
• Strong organization and communication skills
• An excellent understanding of rough and finish carpentry methods and techniques
• The ability to interact well with peers, trade contractors and clients
• Have and maintain a valid driver’s license and a good driving record
• Vehicle that is dependable and suited for the position – pick-up truck or van (van is preferred – white is preferred), fully insured
• Ability to schedule crew and materials
• Ability to motivate others
• Ability to maintain focus on the tasks at hand
• Attention to detail
• Ability to understand and follow instructions
• Commitment to Amsted Design-Build and team members
• Ability to perform physically demanding tasks on a daily basis
We feel you should consider applying if you like the idea of the following:
• Knowing that the work you do makes a difference: Our team-player employees are the basis of our solid foundation on which we built our reputation of 30+ years as an award-winning and life changing design-builder of interiors, renovations, additions and custom homes.
• Having a voice and being heard: We are looking for someone who can bring initiative to the job and has recommendations and solutions to our challenges. We will listen; your opinions will not fall on deaf ears.
• Feeling appreciated: a strong work ethic, loyalty and accountability is appreciated… and rewarded.
• Learning new skills and getting your hands dirty: Literally and figuratively. Simply put, we want someone who won’t back down from a challenge when things get “dirty”. We want someone with a sense of teamwork, not entitlement, who’s adaptable, not rigid. Although you will need many skills to apply, we feel that certain skills can be learned while attitude and personality cannot.
• Giving Back: We sponsor several charitable events and causes with money, services and expertise.
As you can see, this is a dynamic position that requires many skills. If you feel you can bring these skills to our team, then we would like to hear from you! Please forward your resume and a letter explaining to us why YOU are the right fit for Amsted Design-Build along with your salary expectations to Caree.McCullough@ Amsted.ca
We thank all those who apply, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.