TIPS + TOOLS
September 12, 2017
It’s that time again, when we prepare for the changing seasons with fall maintenance on our homes. Steve offers his tips on getting your home ready for winter in his latest appearance on CTV News at Noon with Leanne Cusack.
You’ve heard it before, how your home is likely the largest investment you will make. So, it’s important to keep it running smoothly and take a preventative approach to its upkeep.
By setting up a fall maintenance routine for yourself that tackles your checklist in smaller bites, you’ll find the work is much easier to get done and not very time-consuming. Besides, having a regular schedule of seasonal maintenance means you can put a stop to the most common — and costly — problems before they can occur.
You’ll find our handy fall maintenance checklist here. And dive into the details of a great seasonal plan, with great tips and products from our friends at Home Depot.
- Light weight caulking gun
- Owens Corning™ EcoTouch® PINK™ FIBERGLAS insulation
- 22′ telescoping Werner ladder
- Electrostatic Filtrete furnace filters
- Toro Ultra leaf blower/vacuum
- Nest Learning thermostat
- Nest Protect smoke and carbon monoxide alarm
- HDC exterior LED light fixture
- Voltage detector