Learn more about Amsted by reading our latest news or watching our informative videos. If you’d like Amsted’s latest projects and special announcements delivered directly to your inbox, simply sign up for our quarterly newsletter at the bottom of this page.
News + Video
August 25, 2020
As of August 25, 2020
As our country continues to face the pandemic of Covid-19, we continue to do everything we can to keep our customers, partners, and staff safe. We are closely monitoring the situation and are following procedures and policies outlined by Ottawa Public Health and our provincial and federal governments, including:
- Maintaining a 2 meter/6feet social distance from each other
- Wearing masks when social distancing is challenging
- Communicate with anyone coming to site, asking them probing questions on their health, if they’ve left the country, and if they have been in contact with anyone that has been sick.
- We keep track on who has been to which jobsite in the case of identifying risk of exposure
- And we clean common surfaces like handles, switches, counters and shared tools regularly.
- We also limit the number of people on our jobsites to avoid gatherings and numerous interactions with workers and staff from different sources to minimize risk potential.
- We have documentation on our Health and Safety boards that help reinforce our protocols and explain jobsite needs and requirements to help keep people informed and safe.
March 12, 2020
Our annual trade partners breakfast is one way we can thank our awesome trade partners. Now in its 5th year, it’s our way of showing the value and importance of our commitment to each other and to our clients.
October 14, 2019
At Amsted and our sister company Promus, we love to give back and one of the biggest ways we do that is our annual weekend helping out at Camp Smitty. For 14 years now, we have volunteered for a weekend in September to go up to the camp, which is a Boys & Girls Club of Ottawa initiative that ensures kids of all means have access to the summer camp experience, and tackle a variety of projects to help spruce things up. The work that we do to improve the camp’s infrastructure means that more of the necessary funds can be used to send underprivileged kids to camp.
August 19, 2019
For several months we’ve been periodically introducing you to the members of our fantastic team. We would not be the company we are without them and it’s a pleasure to share them with you. This time you’re meeting Kevin, Hugh and the big guy — our founder Steve.
July 29, 2019
We like to recognize employee milestones here at Amsted and there’s none bigger than company founders Steve Barkhouse and Kirk Haw, who are marking 30 years at Amsted this month!
June 24, 2019
Amsted Lead Carpenter Ally W. went back to school last month to mentor a group of high school girls and show them how rewarding it can be for women in the trades. “Thank you for sending us Ally! It was an amazing experience for our students!” said teacher Natalie Wainwright of St. Francis Xavier High School.