Full-time, PermanentOttawa, ON
AMSTED DESIGN-BUILD is in search of a Salesperson AKA a Life Changer!
We require an experienced (minimum 3-5 years) design-oriented salesperson to work with our new clients and assess their needs and wants. You must have excellent listening and communication skills, residential construction knowledge, flair for design and a great attention for details. Using your skills you will be able to transform our clients’ dilemmas into life changing solutions!
The position entails initiating the first call with a potential client, to meeting them in their home to assess their needs and fit with Amsted Design-Build. Excellent command of the English language is required to prepare design proposals, letters and emails. Once the client has signed a Project Development Agreement, you will be responsible for coordinating the design process with our team of Architectural Designers. You will be involved in the creative space-planning design phase, prior to signing the next stage of design and construction retainer. From there you will continue supporting the client as they work with a Selections Coordinator to finalize their design and materials. Excellent organizational, estimating and budgeting skills are required. You are responsible for ensuring all paperwork is complete at the project hand-off meeting following the signing of the Construction Contract. Once the project is in construction, you will remain the point of contact for the Construction Project Manager. Lastly, you are responsible for ensuring the project closing procedures are completed and the client remains engaged with Amsted as a “Client for Life.”
We strive to provide a work environment that is enjoyable and achieves a balance between work and personal time. Our office hours are Monday-Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm, however, your schedule will require flexibility based on our clients’ needs.
We feel you should consider applying if you like the idea of the following:
Knowing that the work you do makes a difference: Our team-player employees are the basis of our solid foundation on which we built our reputation of 25 years as an award-winning and life changing design-builder of interiors, renovations, additions and custom homes.
Having a voice and being heard: We are looking for someone who can bring initiative to the job and has recommendations and solutions to our challenges. We will listen; your opinions will not fall on deaf ears.
Feeling appreciated: a strong work ethic, loyalty and accountability is appreciated… and rewarded.
Learning new skills and getting your hands dirty: Figuratively speaking. Simply put, we want someone who won’t back down from a challenge when things get “dirty”. We want someone with a sense of teamwork, not entitlement, who’s adaptable, not rigid. Although you will need many skills to apply, we feel that certain skills can be learned while attitude and personality cannot.
Giving Back: We sponsor several charitable events and causes with money, services and expertise.
Skills and tools YOU will need to be SUCCESSFUL with us:
- Incredible customer service (we are people pleasers)
- Strong closing skills (your role is important to the overall success of the company)
- Detail oriented (extremely important)
- Excellent listening and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Estimating and budgeting skills (accuracy is critical)
- Ability to read and understand architectural drawings (AutoCAD, Revit or other cad skills are an asset, but not required)
- Ability to work under pressure and consistently meet deadlines (and still be nice)
- Residential design and construction knowledge (Diploma/Degree in Interior Design and/or Architectural Technology an asset, but not required)
- A laugh now and then (yes, we like to have fun!)
- The ability to recognize sales and marketing opportunities (you must be able to meet your sales targets)
- Solid computer skills (MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Reliable transportation (your vehicle is often your second office)
As you can see, this is a dynamic sales position that requires many skills. It is also a position that will continuously evolve in order to answer the needs of the company and our clients as they grow and evolve.
If you feel you can bring these skills to our team, then we would like to hear from you. Please forward your resume and a letter explaining to us why YOU are the right fit for Amsted Design-Build along with your salary expectations Stephanie Fahey.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Amsted Team
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ottawa, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Sales: 3 years (preferred)
- Driver’s license and reliable vehicle (required)
Extended health care
Paid time off
Monday to Friday
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
Must be able to work in Ottawa
Sales: 3 years preferred
Driver’s License and A+ insurance rating