Interior Designer / Selections Coordinator
Full-time, PermanentOttawa, ON and Brockville ON
AMSTED DESIGN-BUILD is in search of an experienced residential Interior Designer/Selections Coordinator.
We require a design professional with a minimum of 5 years of interior design or material finishes and selection experience. You must have excellent listening and communication skills, residential construction knowledge, and a great attention for details. Using your skills you will help our team transform our clients’ dilemmas into life changing solutions!
Amsted Design-Build is a full-service renovator and custom home builder. We are a referral based company. Our clients choose us because we take pride in our work, we deliver a finely crafted product on time and on budget, and we provide excellent customer service. You are part of a team that must work together in all phases of every project in order to achieve success as defined in our Vision, Mission and Core Values. At Amsted we offer a career, not just a job.
You will actively participate in the delivery of high-end residential custom construction design projects, through regular interaction with other team members. The purpose of your deliverables shall be to fulfill the designs requirements of our clients, by applying good drawing and organization principles. You will provide administrative support to the project team, developing working drawings and written documentation necessary to execute contracts and manage the project binder through to completion.
Your position is extremely important, as it provides the project team much needed support. The success of the project and satisfaction of the build team rely critically on your attention to detail and ability to exceed expectations.
- Diploma or Bachelors’ Degree in Interior Design
- 5+ years relevant experience to Interior Design and/or experience in material finishes & selections experience.
- Design-Build experience an asset
- Ability to develop creative but functional interior design solutions to solve Client issues.
- Strong knowledge of interior materials and their applications
- Awareness of cost estimating and project specification writing
- Strong, provable construction & permit drawing experience
- General construction knowledge (as it relates to functional design) is required
- Strong knowledge of the current Ontario Building Code
- Strong knowledge & proficiency in Revit & AutoCAD and willingness to learn new programs (i.e. Sketchup, Chief Architect, etc)
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and meet budgets & scheduled timelines
- Knowledge of general office procedures and software (MS Word, Excel, Outlook., etc.)
- Valid driver’s license & vehicle
- You must be willing to drive between Ottawa and Brockville, as this role will support clients in all of our service areas. (Mileage will be covered.)
- Licenses and/or professional accreditation (NCIDQ, LEED AP, BCIN) would be considered an asset
General Responsibilities of the Role:
- Provide support to the project team as it relates to organizing, preparing and reviewing documentation regarding any/all selections
- Creating specifications & interior finishing packages
- Manage current drawing circulation to production team, trades and suppliers as required
- Upload all selections & supporting documents to construction management software (BuilderTrend) & circulate to internal & site staff as required.
- Confirm all selections with clients and upload approvals to software
- Prepare quantity take-offs of interior finishing materials for ordering & quoting purposes
- Review interior finishing drawings & trade supplier shop drawings for conformity and errors
- Proficient in producing detailed interior elevations, tile layouts and 3D rendering for client approval and use by field staff.
- Take direction from Design Manger to prepare detailed CAD drawings from a conceptual design.
- Attend client meetings to discuss their specific project selections needs and requirements
- Shop and visit trade suppliers with clients and assist in selecting all finish materials for a wide array of spaces
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with vendors. Monitors work progress and oversee vendor performance to ensure quality completion.
- Assist in soliciting bids from suppliers for interior finishing materials & circulating to site staff as required.
- Periodically assist with onsite reviews and measures
- Produce sample boards for presentation to clients.
- Respond quickly to client requests, ensuring proper and timely reporting and systems inputs.
- Support management on large and/or unique assignments as required.
- Attend internal and external team meetings and provide status updates as required.
- Manage expectations and needs of client user groups without compromising client or BGIS objectives.
- Provide support, guidance and production assurance for complex or urgent problems.
- Act as first point of contact, collecting information from clients and internal team members and conducts site visits to understand clients’ spaces / spatial requirements, deficiencies, business adjacencies, work – flow, constraints and opportunities.
- Update all information as requested by appropriate team members due to changes or modifications throughout the design and construction process
Attributes you will need to be successful with us:
- Ability to represent yourself and the company in a professional and knowledgeable manner
- Incredible customer service
- Detail oriented (extremely important) and highly organized
- Strong listening and communication skills within a dynamic team environment – verbal and written.
- Skilled at working under pressure, on multiple projects at a time, and consistently meet deadlines (while still being nice)
- Ability to attend meetings on time and with adequate preparation presenting a professional and organized impression to all attendees.
- Be a self-starter with a strong work ethic (you should take pride in the quality of your work).
- Interest in having a laugh now and then!
We strive to provide a work environment that is enjoyable and achieves a balance between work and personal time. Our office hours are Monday-Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm, however, your schedule will require flexibility based on our clients’ needs.
If the sound of this position excites you and you have the drive and skills to join our team, we want to hear from you. Please submit your resume and a letter of interest, including your salary expectations, through Indeed.
Amsted Design-Build welcomes and encourages all applicants. Our employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Amsted Design-Build Team
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Bonus pay
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ability to operate in Ottawa, ON and Brockville, ON (required)
- Interior Design/Material Selections: 5 years (preferred)
- Driver’s license and reliable vehicle (required)
Extended health care
Paid time off
Monday to Friday
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
Work in Ottawa, ON and Brockville, ON (required)
5 years interior design or material selections (preferred)
Valid driver’s license and vehicle