Full-time, PermanentOttawa, ON
AMSTED DESIGN-BUILD is in search of an EXPERIENCED PROJECT MANAGER, (minimum 5 years experience or a business owner) to work with our clients and organize the construction process of their project. You must have excellent listening and communication skills, proven residential construction management abilities, and a great attention for details. Using your skills you will help our team transform our clients’ dilemmas into life changing solutions!
What you will do (aka Role and Responsibilities):
This position entails taking a project from the design stage through to the end of construction. You will coordinate all activities related to the actual renovation or building of a specific project, including labour, materials and trade contractors, while ensuring that the project is delivered on time, on budget, and deficiency-free. You must be able to provide a safe work environment and be a leader for your fellow teammates, suppliers and subcontractors. And finally, you will be responsible for representing the company, on site, for all construction related items with the customer, ensuring they are satisfied and confident in referring us to friends and family.
The Project Manager will:
- Ensure our customers are satisfied and providing referrals
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget and deficiency free
- Provide on-site project management and supervision
- Supervise in-house carpenters and trade contractors
- Order materials and schedule trade contractors
- Coordinate scheduling & details with the team and the client
- Expedite timely completion of the work
- Ensure jobsite safety and enforce jobsite rules
- Ensure regular client contact for the duration of the project. Host and record weekly meetings.
- Monitor quality control
- Be a leader and inspire others to be the same.
- Be accountable and inspire others to be the same.
What you bring to the role (aka Skills and Qualifications):
- 5 years experience in residential project management and be self-motivated with a strong work ethic who takes pride in the quality of their work
- Incredible customer service (we are people pleasers)
- Ability to represent self and company in professional, knowledgeable manner
- Strong job coordination, organizational and supervisory skills (your role is important to the overall success of the company)
- Extensive rough and finish carpentry knowledge
- Knowledge of a broad range of construction methods and techniques
- Basic understanding of all trades relevant to the project
- Excellent listening and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work under pressure and consistently meet deadlines (and still be nice)
- Strong problem solving skills
- Proven leadership abilities (inspiring others to be accountable in addition to yourself)
- Detail oriented (extremely important)
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel) and the proven ability to learn new online programs (cloud-based project management software)
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Be available to attend and contribute to company functions outside of normal working hours. (post-Covid)
- A valid drivers’ license and maintain a good driving record
What you should know about us (aka Why You Want to Work Here):
- The work you do makes a difference: Our team-player employees are the basis of our solid foundation on which we built our reputation of 30 years as an award-winning and life changing design-builder of interiors, renovations, additions and custom homes.
- You will have a voice: We are looking for someone who can bring initiative to the job and has recommendations and solutions to our challenges. We will listen; your opinions will not fall on deaf ears.
- You will be appreciated: a strong work ethic, loyalty and accountability is appreciated… and rewarded.
- Learning new skills and getting your hands dirty is important: Figuratively speaking. Simply put, we want someone who won’t back down from a challenge when things get “dirty”. We want someone with a sense of teamwork, not entitlement, who’s adaptable, not rigid. Although you will need many skills to apply, we feel that certain skills can be learned while attitude and personality cannot.
- We give back to the community – a lot: We sponsor several charitable events and causes with money, services and expertise.
We strive to provide a work environment that is enjoyable and achieves a balance between work and personal time. Our field staff hours are 7:00am-4:00pm, however, your schedule will require flexibility for evenings and weekends based on the production schedule.
If you feel you can bring these skills to our team, then we would like to hear from you. Please forward your resume and a letter explaining to us why YOU are the right fit for Amsted Design-Build along with your salary expectations.
We welcome and encourage all applicants; our employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications alone. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Extended health care
Paid time off
Monday to Friday
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
Brockville, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
Residential Construction Management: 5 years (preferred)
Driver’s License (and clean driving record) (preferred)