We’re seeking a motivated, eager individual to assist our Construction Department and proudly represent Amsted Design-Build as our new Service Department Technician!
Using your skills you will reflect our Core Values with your attitude and workmanship, as you help our team transform our clients’ dilemmas into life changing solutions.
The position will include:
- tasks such as cleaning, hauling, digging materials, framing, demolition, etc.
- setting up, site protecting, and closing out our projects.
- small jobs such as insulation, drywall, trim and paint.
- maintaining clean and organized storage and replenishment of supplies
- flyer delivery to neighbourhood houses at job start up.
- varying tasks day by day. The successful candidate must be flexible to shift work assignments as needed throughout each day.
Skills and tools you will need to be successful in this position:
- Incredible customer service (we are people pleasers)
- A positive attitude
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well independently with minimal supervision
- Good communication skills, with an ability to follow directions carefully and listen well
- Ability to work under pressure and consistently meet deadlines (and still be nice)
- To be able to work from a list of items to priorities, schedule and carry out the work
- Ability to perform physically demanding tasks on a daily basis
- Own carpentry tools and a knowledge of construction methods and techniques
- A laugh now and then (we like to have fun)
- Comfort driving a truck and trailer (provided)
- A valid drivers’ license and maintain a good driving record
We strive to provide a work environment that is enjoyable and achieves a balance between work and personal goals. Your typical hours will be from Monday-Friday, 7:00am to 4:00pm. However, your schedule will require flexibility in order to maintain the project timeline or in emergencies.
If you feel you can bring these skills to our team, then we would like to hear from you! Please forward your resume and a letter explaining to us why YOU are the right fit for Amsted Design-Build along with your salary expectations to Stephanie.Fahey @ Amsted.ca
We thank all those who apply, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.